Saturday, July 21, 2012

What Are Your Goals?

Hello Naturals!

What are your goals?
by JenniferS

I wanted to talk about goals. Not just in relation to hair, but our lives as well. Dictionary.com  describes a goal as "the result or achievement toward which effort is directed". My husband's father asks "Is this plan consistent with your long-term goals?" Usually in relation to career choices, but this can apply to numerous situations. From friends, to buying a house, going (back) to school, going natural...so on and so forth. Goals can be short-term and they can be long-term, which I have quite a few of. 


How many times have you noticed your efforts going to a negative place with results less than desirable? I really do believe that you get back what you put in. If you go into a situation with a negative frame of mind, then the odds are higher that you will receive a negative outcome because it is what is being sought out. But when we put in positive energy there will be a higher possibility of receiving a positive outcome. I also don't want to say that is always the case. I'm sure there have been times when those situations have been found untrue and you get an unexpected outcome.


 So, what goals are you trying to accomplish? If you're like me, there is an ever changing list because things come up. But what if you're stuck? (I just made a post about being stuck) And how do you move forward? The easiest thing for me, when goal setting, is to make a list. I LOVE LISTS! I'm also a visual person so seeing what needs to be done helps me in the next phase of my goal setting, which is prioritizing. What needs to be done immediately? What can be put on the back burner? Goals don't have to be overwhelming, but it helps to know all the facts and then do a break down.


I'll give you an idea about goals that are in progress. 
My husband and I are working on painting our room. (He just left to pick up the paint.) So, last night we spent time cleaning, moving furniture, patching the tack holes and preparing the room. 


(Taken last night before bed our bare walls.)

(The walls all nicely taped by my husband, this morning.)

(My hubby! Love you!)

This has to be done today. Usually when we paint, we space it out between two/three days, but we want to get it all done before we go to his parent's house this evening...*fingers crossed* and because it is the room we actually sleep in. The second bedroom we use as a recording space, office and storage room. 

Of course there's the usual Sunday night grocery shopping and then making our salads for the week. And after that it's finger detangling time for me. I use a solution of coconut oil, olive oil, water and Hair Rules conditioner followed by shower cap and satin bonnet. 

Monday will be co-wash and style followed by more job hunting, a trip to target for the final touches for the bedroom, dance shoes for my performance on Wednesday at a festival, Thursday is my dance class, Friday is my friend's bachelorette party, which I'm helping to organize. Saturday is another friend's bridal shower...which also reminds me I need to pick up a gift for her while at Target tomorrow. Sunday family dinner. And in between all of that, hubby and I will play Dance Central 2. That game is no joke! lol. It's fun and a great way to exercise. We have literally spent 2+ more hours playing this game and it doesn't even feel like working out...until we're done and can't move! I should also mention that I need to henna this week...I have been putting it off as other things needed to be completed first.This week really is going to fly by, but it helps to take each day and adjust goals so that it is less overwhelming. 




What are your goals and how do you prioritize them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment