Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Lush Henna Review

Hello naturals!

So, I finally did my henna last week....right before my friend's bachelorette....which meant it probably was in my hair for around 3 hours... also, you'll have to forgive me for the lack of (my own)pictures. I will update when I henna again. There are some changes that I will do for next time.

What I used:


I cannot begin to describe how fabulous this is! The smell alone is ahhh-mazing!! Seriously!  The other henna that I've tried just smelled so bad. (That may have been the reason for holding off on it for so long). If you read the ingredient list two stand out the most to me. There's cocoa butter...this left my hair, super soft...super moisturized and so easy to detangle! And the second is the rosemary oil. I've heard that it's supposed to help with "that odor" other henna has.


(Source-someone who left it in blocks)


(Source-someone who cut it up)


What I did: Depending on the length and thickness of your hair will determine how many squares you use. I used three and have SL in the back,neck length on the sides and top of mouth length in the front. (I know those aren't "official" lengths and whatnot, but that's just where my hair comes to). I first started by using hot tap water and chopped up the henna squares. (What I saw a youtuber do was melt the henna in a pot and they had much smoother results...and this is what I will be doing next time). I also decided that I would add some extra virgin coconut oil and a small amount of honey to the mix. I will tell you that I had some SERIOUS clumps! (So mad I didn't take pictures!) That made the applying process a bit tricky and even messier. I'm still finding little bits of henna in the bathroom! After applying I used cling wrap, a shower cap and my satin (henna) bonnet. Rinsing out takes some time, as henna does, but in the process I could feel the transformation in my hair!! Loved it! 

Overall rating breakdown: (Based on a scale from 1-10. 1 being poor. 10 being I'm telling everyone I can about it!) 

Smell: 10! (I cannot believe how good it smells! Seriously..go into a LUSH near you and smell it!)
Messiness: 5 (average compared with other henna brands I've used)
Rinse Factor: 5 (Since my hair is so thick it just takes forever to rinse out so 5 is my norm.)  
How well it works to color hair: 2 (I'm only rating it this low because I only left it in for 3 hours. I typically leave it in overnight, so I will update this review)
Natural Factor: 10 (I was reading their inredient list and the product does contain "Linalool". It's naturally occurring, but some people may have allergic reactions to it. I did not.) 
Results: 6.4/10

I know this rating is low, but I'm looking forward to using this product again and hopefully updating my review....oh...and add (my own) pictures! *hangs head in shame*

What do you think? Would you be willing to give this henna a try?   I know it's pricey and I gave it a low rating, but compared to other henna brands out there this has been the best for me. What did it for me immediately was the smell. (Sorry to keep going on and on about it. lol!)



No comments:

Post a Comment