Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gratitude...

Hello Naturals!



This is going to be a brief one and sorry for venting in advanced, but this is of great importance to me. Gratitude. Dictionary.com describes it as "the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff." There is one thing that I cannot stand. (Well, actually there are more, but that's for another time) People not saying "thank you." It only takes a few seconds to say and yet I believe it is not said enough. I understand that not everything requires the use of those two words, but really they make such a huge difference. Especially when you've put in a lot of work to make something happen after months of planning, organizing and making sure things are moving along smoothly. ಠ_ಠ I usually can let things slide in other matters of manners, but this one I cannot. I really think it comes from a place of hurt first and then anger later. I should be clear and say this really goes for people I know and/or care about. You hold a door open for a stranger and they don't say "thank you", yeah I'm annoyed and sometimes wish that I hadn't held it open, but I get it. They could be thinking about something else, maybe they've had a bad day, maybe they're meeting someone and are running late... I really do try and make it a point to say "thank you" whenever you can. You may not know it at the time, but it really could make someone's day. Especially in a world where we're so hooked up to our mobile devices and computers and social interactions have new meaning. *Whew* Okay, I'm done with my little rant. Who have you thanked today? It may make all the difference in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment