Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stuck in Translation: Change of mental scenery

Hello Naturals!

Do you ever get stuck? I started writing for this week's post about goals and had gotten pretty far. I started writing about setting goals, how our efforts can lead to negative or positive outcomes, when I just had a brain freeze. Right now I'm sitting at the kitchen table and was working on the finishing touches while watching the rain when I felt the need to write this:

Melancholy rain on the steps of a faded memorial to gather in pools of reflected life. A splash of tires, a clicking of heels, muted laughter from children who fear nothing. The clank of metal in the city guides those to seek shelter, sip tea, watch and wait. Leaves dance about as though alive with the wind in an intimate unknown moment, surrendering to nature. Her delicate balance of a treaty not yet signed and the world waits in stalled silence.

 I often find that when writing there are things that I want to write about and have planned out, but there are also times when I need to get "something" out. I have journals and books filled with these random writings and I must admit that it has been a while since I've had a free flow of thoughts like that. It also makes me think about taking a mental break from a task at hand. Not to completely forget about it, but to do something else to refocus and maintain. It can be triggered by weather, the states of my friends and the need to just take a vacation. Not necessarily to a physical place...although, I love doing that, but most often I just need a mental break. What do you do to change your mentality? 

No comments:

Post a Comment