Monday, September 17, 2012

LUSH's Rehab Shampoo: A Review

Hello Curlies!

I wanted to do a quick review about LUSH's Rehab shampoo. (This was another item that I husband gave to me as a gift for my birthday.)



What is Claims:

"Hairspray, bleach, hair dye, styling products, poor health – these are all things that can really take a toll on your hair and leave it far away from its natural best. Treat your abused hair to some serious recovery time in the shower with Rehab shampoo. Rehab is about bringing your hair and scalp back to basics and repairing it with an array of nutritious ingredients. Enzymic papaya cleanses, while almond oil softens the follicles. It doesn't take long for this shampoo to restore your hair to youth and vitality. Once your hair has been put into Rehab, you'll never look back." (source)

What is Contains: 


The first thing that I noticed is that is contains Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. Typically us curlies stay away from anything that contains the word "sulfate" in it. (A number of curlies have allergic reactions as well as experience dryness when using products that contain sulfate.) So, needless to say I was a bit nervous to try this product, but I was due for my one month cleansing and I really wanted to try it. (And as you can tell from the picture up above, I did not use much of it. A little goes a long way.)

I started my routine on a few days old mini twist, twist out. I usually try and condition my hair before I use any shampoo, but I wanted to SKIP that part of my routine to get truer results. I wet my hair and after I shook the bottle, applied the product to my scalp ONLY and used the pads of my fingers to cleanse my scalp. The first thing I noticed when opening the bottle is the smell of peppermint. Which, to me is always invigorating. I also noticed there was lather, which had me nervous, but was hoping that it would not completely strip my hair. When I finished cleansing, I rinsed (and I also figured it would "clean" the rest of my hair without stripping it completely of moisture) and conditioned with Tresemme Naturals conditioner.

Results/Thoughts:

I LOVED it!! Since I only used it on my scalp to clean, Rehab did not strip my hair. Even before putting the conditioner on, my hair still felt moisturized AND clean. This is not something I would use every day or every week, but rather once a month to get my scalp clean. (I'm still looking for a decently priced sulfate free shampoo that I can use all throughout my hair for the times when I do not want to co-wash)

Overall, I would recommend this product if used the way I did. I'm a little nervous to try it on all of my hair, but I might do that next month.


Until then, stay curly!  





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such an informative information.
    I really love to read such a nice post.
    Keep sharing your work.
    COMPRAR KINKY CURL

    ReplyDelete