Saturday, September 8, 2012

L'Oreal EverCream Sulfate-Free Intense Nourishing Conditioner-Review

Hello again!

So, I've been sitting on this product for a little while now and wanted to wait to do a review after I've tried it a few times. And I have to say that I'm really loving this leave in for my hair. It leaves my hair soft, with a slight sheen and it's not too greasy...oh and the most important thing is that it leaves it moisturized! (Like, for days!)

I originally saw Jess from mahoganycurls review this product along with the gel in the same line on Youtube. I didn't get the gel, because I have the EcoStyler and Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling Gel to go through,which...by the way goes great together. (The Giovanni Gel and this L'Oreal EverCream...leaves no strange white "balls" on the hair, but that is another review..lol!)

So, I washed my hair with Lush's Rehab Shampoo, which my husband purchased for my birthday last month. I only use shampoo once a month and I wanted to try this out.(I'll be doing a separate review for this as well.) Then I conditioned and detangled with Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free Conditioner and separated my hair into six sections. Before adding the EverCream, I applied coconut oil to each section. (I'm following the LOC method, which is Liquid, Oil Cream to keep my hair moisturized.)

 (What the product bottle looks like)

(Ingredient list-This does contain mineral oil and cetearyl alcohol)



 (The front...so shiny! Side note: I did NOT use any gel to keep my twists in place. Just the coconut oil and the product I'm reviewing)

 (Oh yeah, I have color now!!)

 (Love the way the color looks in the light..and the sheen!)

 (Close up, I didn't make exact parts. I find that when I do, it doesn't look quite so "natural".)

(And I made the twists all different sizes,but was trying to go for a chunkier twist out.)

I slept with these in overnight, with my satin bonnet of course. The pictures posted above were taken this morning. So, without further ado...here are my results!!

 (This is right after taking them out. I have not separated them with a rat tail comb, yet and I didn't need to add any extra oil!)

(From the back...love the chunkiness of the hair!)

(The side, I see a little more that needs to be fluffed out a bit)


(From the front)

Overall...I love how this has turned out! This is my first time doing a chunky twist out and I have to say that I like it better than doing the smaller size. I liked that this product had enough hold that I didn't need to use a gel to keep it twisted. I will be doing this again! Have you heard of and/or tried this product of L'Oreals? If so, let me know your results. 


Until next time, stay curly! 

2 comments:

  1. i love how you included a lot of pictures! great job :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vicky! I think pictures are important, especially when doing a product review. :-)

    ReplyDelete