Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Are you a Lush-ie? Pt.2



Hello again naturals! It's Jennifer of Curl by Curl!

Here is the continuation of “Are you a Lush-ie?” In the first part I talked about the background as well as the bath and shower items. This section touches on some of my favorite products in the rest of the line.


Hair:
Henna:-Now I can't remember where I read this at the time, but Lush's henna was on a list of ones to try for hair. I recently purchased Caca Rouge Mama, but have yet to try it. it already smells much better than the last henna I used from Rainbow Research Inc. (I will do a separate post on this one)

Face:
Fresh Face Masks can only be purchased in store as they need to be refrigerated
BB Seaweed (Hmm...sounds like a certain TV station if you say it enough times)-it leaves my face feeling fresh and extra soft.

Body:
The next two categories can melt in heat/high temperatures. It is best to get these from a store during the warmer months. But fine to order online in the colder climates...where you receive under 40's and snow.

Butters: Can be used in the bath or shower to exfoliate the skin, while leaving it soft and moisturized
Buffy-one of my favorite! The only way I know how to describe this is "natural" smelling. no extra fragrances with is so, it does not compete with any of the other bath products you've used.

Massage Bars:
Each Peach (and two's a pair)-I was nervous about this one. I have a thing where I don't like artificial peach...anything, the taste, smell! So, it was really helpful to go into the store and smell this one out. It really has more of a citrus (surprise surprise! lol) smell. And you don't need much as it takes some time to absorb in the skin.

Deodorants:
Coconut-now, I really use this more as a dusting powder than under my arms...which I should really pick up a dusting powder...but anyway. It has a nice soft coconut smell, which goes perfectly with the Yuzu & Cocoa scent that I love. Just gives that extra absorbent power on particularly warm/hot days and you want and/or need that to stay feel fresh.

Gorilla Perfumes at Lush:
Yuzu & Cocoa-I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this perfume. It has such a nice smell of citrus and coconut. I feel like I'm on a tropical island each time I spray this on!
Snowshowers-My second favorite perfume. I really like this in the colder months. It kind of reminds me of spiced tea with a hint of orange.

Again, I really recommend going into a Lush store and seeing what fragrances you like. They even try some of the products on you to see how you like it. I will say, that once you've found your favorites you will be hooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment