Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Are you a Lush-ie? Pt.1

Hello Naturals!


This is my first review for Bella Kinks and I wanted to bring to light one of my favorite stores! It's called Lush. The company originated in England and has been around for over 30 years, though the name has changed a few times since they first started into what we know today as Lush. They pride themselves in using fair trade and fresh ingredients, thus giving their customers higher quality bath and body products, while maintaining positive relationships with farmers from across the globe. I also like that they are a green company and have developed biodegradable packaging “pop-corn” if you will. I want to add that the prices are a bit high, but they last quite a long time and I believe they have made bath/shower time and self care fun again and are environmentally friendly.


They have several different categories on their website Bath, Shower, Hair, Face, Body; just to name a few. Under each category, they have listed their products that are sure to make you want to use them.
I'm going to list some of my favorites, but really the best way is to find a Lush store in your area and smell them out! (I think you may be able to tell what my favorite scents are!)

My Favorite Bath Ballistics:
How to use: run a hot bath and once you get in, plop one of these in!
(Year Round)
Avobath -which to me smells like fresh lemon grass
Dragon's Egg-which reminds me of a creamscicle
Fizzbanger -Smells like apples
Phoenix Rising -I really like using this in the colder months, but has a bright cinnamon smell
(Seasonal)
Fluffy Egg-comes out during Easter and smells of candy

Bubble Bars:
How to use: While the water is running, crumble a bit under it and watch the bubble rise! (Also helps to maintain soft, smooth and moisturized skin)
Yuzu and Cocoa-this is one of my favorites! (Especially with the matching perfume. You'll be smelling like the beach even in the colder weather!
The Comforter -My second favorite bubble bar. Sweet without being too sickeningly so
Sunny Side-I like to mix this with Dragon's Egg to make an extra orange smelling bath (Does contain glitter)

I have yet to try the bath melts that I have. (They really add another layer of keeping your skin soft and moisturized)

Shower:
Soaps:
Sexy Peel-Smells of fresh oranges and even has bits of the pulp, which I think helps to exfoliate the skin without it being too harsh.
Sandstone-To make all the rough areas nice and smooth. Smells like a tropical drink to me. I love using it on my feet!

Jellies:
How to use: These are made with seaweed and you take a piece, put it in a loofah or wash cloth and go.
Woosh-Smells lemony and bright
Snow Showers (Seasonal)-has a sweet and soft citrus smell to it


The Next installment will be listed in Part 2 of “Are you a Lush-ie?”




No comments:

Post a Comment