Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Love Affair with Hair Products...

Hello Naturals!

*Clears Throat* My name is Jennifer and I love hair products....

 (If you're unfamiliar with the term "pjism" it means product junkie)I'm always on the hunt and I mean always looking for hair products. (The closer to natural the better) I love trying things out to see how Selene, my hair, responds. I'm constantly searching YouTube videos of naturals and how they use products and how their hair looks after they are done. So, while watching one youtuber's  channel (she is from the UK and is in the process of transitioning) she interviews another lovely natural about the products she uses to create an amazing puff hawk. She mentions Original Moxie....*video paused* I immediately to an internet search for their products and find that they have products, not only designed for natural hair, but seem to contain only natural ingredients. On a side note, I recently used Aphogee's protein treatment and that did not leave my hair in the best of shape. I also just read a post that protein treatments MUST be followed up with moisturizing treatment, preferably a deep conditioning. I conditioned, and that made my hair feel a little better, but I think I might need a table top dryer.(Thankfully that is almost gone. I will most likely not use the rest of that) I'm also still on the hunt for a sulfate free shampoo for the days that I do need to wash my hair. (I washed it today with a sulfate shampoo and Selene was NOT happy! It's another case of using what we have before buying more, but I am never ever using that shampoo again!)

Anyhoo. I noticed that they have sample sizes:

(Source 1oz for $5!/8 oz for $16/ 16 oz for $32)

(Source 1/2 oz for $5!/3 oz for 16/ 6 oz for $30)

(Source and unfortunately this does not come in the mini size....4oz for $26!)

Those prices are a bit more than I want to pay for a sample size. Maybe if the first and second products were 4 oz I would consider purchasing them, but those small sizes would only work on one small section of my hair. Selene is constantly thirsty! They do have gift sets, but not in the combination or price range that I would like them be. These items might have to be wish listed for the future and I will continue my hunt for natural products. Thankfully the prices of these products have put a hold on buying anything new. There are some things that I need to use up or give away(....hmmmm) before purchasing anything else. Have you heard of and/or tried Original Moxie? What's your take?

Until Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment