Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Not as it appears to be...

Hello!

So, this post is going to be about travel. Not very in depth as I will be working on one that will be. This is more a post to an article that I just read.

I love to travel. I always have and I always will. And coming across this article on Bloomberg has me seriously rethinking how I book our vacations. It also makes me wonder if all the people who have booked through Expedia and Travelocity are entitled to some type of recompense. The most concerning thing is that I've booked a stay through Starwood, but I went directly to their site and called them, rather than using an "Expedia" type website. (Still not sure if I've been "duped" or not)

I have noticed that when you compare with other travel sites, there is little to no difference in price. I've seen a hotel stay for example 450 for 3 nights at one so called discount site, and viewing another so called discount site it might be 449 for that same hotel, for the same number of nights. I do have a list of travel sites that I browse for ratings and reviews. (I will list those in my next article) Even before this article has come out, I've been thinking about supporting more bed and breakfasts and boutique hotels in the hopes that all the money we spend is eventually returned to the customer. I've been sitting on writing a "How to Travel" article and I think I need to change my approach to include staying away from the booking sites previously mentioned and that your best best might be working directly with the establishment. I need to do more research on that though.

Until next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment